Welcome Forums Tax Questions Registering for VITA/TCE Reply To: Registering for VITA/TCE


Hi Rodney,
That is a great question. The 4 sites, all with different requirements are confusing! My apologies for taking so long to respond – I am new to this and thought I had answered this morning… but I guess not! The information is on the Orientation Handout available on the Cashoregon.org website, under class materials for orientation, page 8. I have included the specifics here.

1. For “Group”, select “2- TCE – AARP Volunteer”
2. Check “No” for “Site Coordinator” even if you are an LC.
3. For Training Source, select “Publication 4491”.
4. Complete the remaining fields with your information.
5. All fields with a ‘*’ must be completed.
 Leave the “SEID” field blank, it is for IRS employees only.
 Complete the Professional Status and PTIN Number fields only if you will be seeking
continuing education credits.
 Make sure that you record your Login (user name) and Password.
 When you have completed all fields, click REGISTER.
 You can now log in using your new Login and Password. This is the entry page.
 For returning counselors, go to “My Account” and update the years of service
and any other information that may have changed.
 Click Save when finished editing. This will return you to the Home page.